Effective Date: December 14, 2021
- How we use your information
- How we share your information
- How we protect and store your information
- How to contact us
- Information We Collect
Information you provide us
Our website permits you to directly provide us with contact information, such as your full name and email address, and other information about you. You may also choose to submit information about you via other methods, including: (i) interaction with us via social media, including any posts, pictures, videos and messages that you submit to us either via our social media sites (including by use of hashtags associated with us); and (ii) interaction with our online forums. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided.
Information we automatically collect
When you interact with the website, certain information about your use is automatically collected. This includes:
- Details of your visits to our website and information generated in the course of using our website (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our website.
- Details regarding the device you use to interact with some of our Services, such as its location (city, state), operating system, browser type, and your internet service provider.
- Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our website), including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Any or all activities with regard to collecting usage information may be performed on our behalf by other companies. Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. We rely on partners to provide many features of our website using data about your use of our website.
Below is a list of our partners with links to more information about their use of your data and how to exercise your options regarding tracking.
Google Analytics and Tag Manager
You may be able to opt out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the third parties who conduct tracking through our website by following the links provided above. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies; but if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. Note that if you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of our website may not function properly or be available.
Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. Our website does not recognize signals from the “Do Not Track” functionality at this time.
- How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries or requests for information.
- To manage, operate, and improve the organization, including understanding the effectiveness of our public policy information.
- To interact with you if you consented to us doing so.
- To understand how users use our website, including by generating and analyzing statistics.
- To comply with legal requirements; to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may be fraudulent or illegal; and to protect the rights of ABFA, you, or others.
III. How We Share Your Information
- Service Providers. We engage vendors to perform services on our behalf, such as website, software, or data hosting; content management; database management; technical integration; and providers of analytics services. This includes WordPress.
- Analytics Partners. Where you choose to interact with our website, we partner with third-party cookie providers to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our website. To learn more, please see “Cookies and other tracking technologies” above, or visit the third parties’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
We may also analyze aggregated, de-identified data and share these analyses at our discretion, including with analytics providers to analyze the usefulness and popularity of various web pages on our website.
- How We Protect and Store Your Information
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the website. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
If you use our website outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States. The laws in the U.S. regarding personal information may differ from the laws of your jurisdiction.
VII. Contact Us
For questions about our privacy practices, please send us an email at email@example.com or write to us at:
Advanced Biofuels Association
800 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006